Green

Monday, January 14, 2013

This song is for you...

Okay, so...maybe some of you don't know this about me.  I really love movies, and I really love awards shows.  So does my dad.  When I was younger, we used to have sheets where we used to bet on who would win, and we'd sit and talk about who wore what, and who said what, and what speeches we loved.

With that being said, I love watching the Golden Globes and the Oscars.  Last night, the Golden Globes were on, and I broke my "no television" rule and turned it on while Finn was awake.  I watched part of it, and then fell asleep with Finn.  This morning, I practically ran to the computer to catch the "best dressed" lists, who won, the snubs, the surprised, and the clips.

So far, my favorite thing I've seen is Jodie Foster's acceptance speech for her lifetime achievement award.  Now, I love that she officially "came out" and felt comfortable and that's great.

However, she said something that  resonated even more...she said to her two sons (which becomes more and more real to me every day, that I will (probably) have two sons soon) the following:

"Our amazing sons, Charlie and Kit, who are my reason to breathe and to evolve, my blood and soul. And boys, in case you didn’t know it, this song, all of this, this song is for you.”

I thought it was amazingly poignant.  And I don't know any mothers that don't feel this way about their children, once they are born life completely changes and revolves around them.  It's all for them, every breath, every step...everything.  

Randy and I spent our 4th anniversary at the Field Museum, having the time of our lives watching Finn have so much fun with his cousins, and seeing the "real" dinosaurs.  

In my head, this was much more articulate, and beautiful, and moving.  But, I just wanted to write it down.  Someday, I will write about this quote in an email to Finn's email address, and baby #2's email, and maybe even (down the road) baby #3 or #4's email.  

Because...Finn and no-name baby...you are my reason for living, and "all of this...is for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment