Green

Friday, June 4, 2010

Life changes...in motion.

So...I've announced it on facebook, it's FBO (which, for those of you who don't teach high school, so you aren't hip to the lingo, means facebook official)--I have accepted the position to teach Journalism at MHS. Crazy, right?

Betty and I made our way to H's retirement party and when I walked back in the room, I felt like a high school student again. This was made even more nostalgic by the fact that we found a sign that we (Bett, Jenn and I) had made almost ten years ago in the darkroom.

I was offered the job the next morning, which led to the most stressful, confusing 12 hours of my life. I was shaking when I talked to him and pleaded for a bit of time (I had an insurance question to ask, so that bought me a little bit of time as well), I talked to: Chrisanne, my dad, Ashley and they all told me the same thing--call H, she will talk you through it. Gosh, they were SO right. That woman is honestly the SMARTEST, most wonderful teacher I have ever encountered and talked me off the ledge assuring me that I could do this. Here's hoping she is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment