Green

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What a month!


So, the last month has been, not only incredibly busy, but also incredibly exciting. My baby boy is such a big boy now. I cannot believe how many new things he has been doing yet.

He is a huge rolly-polly now. He's rolled over lots of times before this month, but now it is incredibly intentional. He rolls all over the place, and it's getting more and more challenging to change him.

He has two teeth. YES-two! And he knows how to use them (I know this from close, personal experience).


He is a grabbing-fiend. He grabs everything (including my hair), he reaches out for things, and people, and it's so incredibly adorable.

He laughs, and smiles, and plays, and is excited. He loves certain toys, and loves to read specific books (Good Night Moon is his favorite). He loves his cousins, and his Aunts, and his grandparents. He laughs for Papa, that's the first person other than Mommy and Daddy. I love that.

He doesn't like his carseat, he doesn't like being hot. He loves looking at the trees, and Ella. Ella and Finn are truly the cutest pair I've ever seen. They look at each other, Ella tries to protect Finn, Finn tries to grab Ella. It's beautiful.

He likes walks, and smiles, and his exersaucer, and his moose.

He is such a little person now.

And he is five months old. FIVE.MONTHS.OLD. I simply cannot believe it. I can't believe how much my life is changed. I can't believe how much I don't miss (at all) the way things used to be. How I think about everything differently now. I can't believe the immense feeling of dread about the upcoming school year. Dread like I've never felt before. Sometimes, I think about it and will just start crying.

How in the world am I going to leave this angel child with someone else all day long? How will I survive without him?

I know that I am so fortunate to be able to stay home for 7 months, I really do. BUT, I cannot stop thinking about how he does something new every day, and I'm going to miss those things. I can't even imagine it.

So, those are just a few things that are on my mind today.

1 comment:

  1. Finn is so handsome & adorable! He's getting so big, so fast. Kate's growing like crazy, too and I need it to slow down! (Kate loves Goodnight Moon, too)
    He's his momma's boy- loves to read and hates being hot-- too cute!

    ReplyDelete