Green

Monday, March 22, 2010

Pro-Abortion??? FML!

Okay...let me tell you something. There is no such thing as "pro-abortion." No one...on the planet...at least I hope...is out there saying, "I love to kill babies! Killing babies is so much fun I can't handle it!"

I have had friends that have had abortions...they described it as the worst pain of their life. No one is out there having abortions because it's fun...no one.

You may be wondering (and when I say "you" I am clearly referring to the fictional "you" who is fictionally reading this blog...because no one does)..."why is this topic on Becky's mind."

Well, let me tell you...I am in "class." Now I use the quotation marks for a very valid reason...I do not learn anything, so it's difficult for me to consider this class. Yes, I pay $1200 to come here on Monday nights and facebook chat with Chrisanne and text message Ashley, but I am not learning anything.

So, anyways, I am in "class" and we start talking about health care reform. It's a journalism class and we often talk about the big news stories of the day. Today's big news--health care reform bill was passed. Yippee, skippy.

Okay...so, I told the class...President Obama states that there will continue to be no federal funding for abortions (except, per the Hyde amendment passed YEARS ago for incest, rape and endangerment of the mother). No one listens. We are writing a story about how people feel about abortion in regards to the new health care bill.

I state AGAIN..."I don't understand why we are writing a story about this if NOTHING is changing about abortion legislation."

My question goes unanswered...I am still unsure of why, BUT he is grading me so I shut my mouth and prepare myself for all the "schoolin'" that's about to happen.

He then continues to go ON and ON about which side we want to write about "pro-life" or "pro-abortion." My heart is racing and I can barely contain myself at this point...seriously...? Did he REALLY just say "pro-abortion"? That's not BIASED or anything!!!!

Yes, he did. I raise my hand. I say I would like to report on "pro-choice, because no one is really pro-abortion" hoping that all the people in class get my point.

Guess what? They didn't. And he. said. it again.

So, this time (in case you don't know this based on (1) knowing me or (2) reading this blog I am a liberal...and I am a firm believer in a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body)...I say...a bit louder...there's no such thing as pro-abortion, no one is for abortion. And...no one even acknowledges me.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!???!?!?!?

F.M.L!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment