Green

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend to weekend.

I have never been a person that thoroughly dislikes my job. There are aspects of every job that are...let's say, LESS than enjoyable. But overall, my job is pretty great. I love my students, and I love what I teach. And, other than the intense amounts of grading...and, in my case, the ridiculous hours, it's a pretty good gig.

Well, lately a lot has happened that has caused me to...totally change my mind. The way teachers are regarded, the way they are treated, the lack of control they are given to do their jobs, and the micro-managing that is becoming part of the daily routine is somewhat sickening to me.

For the first time ever...I really can say that I do not like my job anymore. I still love my kids. I still love the subjects I teach, but my job...I kind of hate it.

I know that the first thing that has changed is the fact that I had Finn. And nothing is as fabulous as that child. It is definitely still ridiculously sad to leave Finn, but once I get to school it's not like I was counting down the minutes (most days), but lately it's just different. I feel sad to get there, and sad while I am there much of the time.

Recently, a lot of drama has happened, and I really can say for the first time that I am living weekend to weekend. I just countdown each week until I can be home with my angel for the weekend, and don't have to go to work. How sad.

This weekend was awesome. I spent two days with my sister-in-law/one of my best friends and brother in law, along with Randy and Finn in South Haven, Michigan. We spent time laughing, playing (or, in Randy's case--cheating at) Rack-o, shopping and (Randy and Mike) drinking. It was super fun.

Then, my best friend Allison came to visit, and it was just so damn nice to see her. We were able to hang out all day, and then go see Footloose with ANOTHER one of my bff's Chrisanne. It was so much fun, I can't remember laughing that hard in a long time--Allison's inappropriateness is something that is hilarious on so many levels.

So now, it's Tuesday night, and I have to go back to school tomorrow. And all I can think about is how I am living weekend to weekend.

So, only three days until the weekend....again :)

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel Becky. Love my kids, love my subject...hate all of the outside junk that teachers have to deal with. But I just think about the kids who have graduated and tell me how much they've learned from us. That keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete