Green

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas



Are you tired of hearing about it yet?

Finn's first Christmas was wonderful. The ONLY bad thing about the entire experience was that his Aunt Ashley wasn't here. He got some amazing things: a pedal car, a sled, so many books and toys he hasn't even opened all of them yet. He was amazing, no crying, no tantrums, just a sweet angel.

Christmas Eve was spent at our house with Randy's family, and my parents stopped by too. It was relaxing, until the gingerbread house competition began, and then things got ugly pretty quickly. But, while I know there are others that don't share my unique sense of competitiveness, it was ugly in my favorite kind of way. I love competition.

Obviously...wait, I mean shockingly, Betty and I won the competition by a landslide, which made it even better.

Christmas day we opened Santa gifts at our house, Finn took a nap, and then we went to the Hoyle's for Christmas brunch. It was relaxing, and delicious, and perfect timing for Finn (so much is about timing). We then left to go to my parents house, and our timing fell apart a bit. We put Finn to sleep, and skyped with Ashley, and then our present-opening plan fell apart. My aunts and uncles showed up and so we didn't get to open gifts with our family first. We ate dinner, and got everything ready and then by the time we opened gifts, it was a free-for-all and insane and I didn't get to see my parents open their gift, or my nieces open their gifts. Finn was tired, and so not into it at that moment. He actually just wanted to play with Addy's shopping cart, and then he pushed her down so he could get to it...awkward.

But overall, Christmas was a wonderful success. I hope, so much, that I can bring the magic of Christmas to my children, so here's hoping that it works out that way. I know he will understand it so much more next year.

Okay, this blog is totally pointless...and I didn't think about it at all. Here's a picture to appease you, and I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment