Green

Friday, February 17, 2012

Dreaming of babies...

Okay, so at lunch today I began feeling a little glum. There are two pregnant women in my department. One has had two children already, and one this is her first child. They spent the entire lunch period (in one way or another) complaining about pregnancy.

Please don't misunderstand me--I understand that it is hard. I also understand that--compared to others--my pregnancy was a cake-walk. I understand that not everyone has the same amount of love for pregnancy that I do. However, it has always irritated me when people complain about pregnancy, because you should be happy--happy that you are having a baby, and happy that your baby is healthy.

And, it was hard for me to listen to today...for several reasons.

1. I am overly emotional, and I've accepted that
2. Because they were talking about things that I knew the answers to, but didn't want to be a know-it-all, so I didn't answer.
3. Because I had a dream that I was pregnant this week, and I (stupidly) let myself really think about it and dream about a baby.


I know it's silly. I am aware that I am being irrational. Randy and I are NOT trying to get pregnant, not even a little bit, but I'm also in this weird place where I am sad that my baby isn't a "baby" anymore, so I am emotional about it.

So...I am sorry I'm complaining. I know it's crazy, but today I am using this blog as a real journal, and it made me sad. It made me really sad.

Weird, right?

1 comment:

  1. I'm behind in reading/writing/commenting on blogs, so I apologize for being late with this one.

    Here are my thoughts:
    1. Women who complain about (normal/healthy) pregnancy irritate me too. Not that I don't, in a weak moment, whine to Michael about not being able to get comfortable or take a time out on my way to the bathroom to deal with the pelvic pain, but generally, I enjoy being pregnant and am 100% with you about wishing women would shut up and be grateful that they have healthy babies/bodies.

    2. I think it's always hard to live in the moment and love what's there. When you're not pregnant, you want to be pregnant. When you are pregnant, you want to hold your baby. When your baby is teeny tiny, you want him to laugh. When he laughs, you want him to crawl...etc. It's normal. We all do it, and this too shall pass.

    3. I'm excited for Baby Hoyle #2 as well and my guess is that he/she will be here in what right now seems like a long time, but in reality it won't be that long at all.

    4. This post is the reason I don't eat lunch in our lounge anymore. People irritate me and I can't keep my mouth shut without wanting to blow up at them.

    5. I love you.

    6. I miss you.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete