Green

Friday, May 11, 2012

Holy week.

This week has been intense.  Like really intense.  This is interesting, because at school it's only been a 3-day week.  However, it's also a Crier week.  Doesn't it feel like it's ALWAYS a Crier week?  Me too. 

So Monday, while the rest of the teacher's in my district were shopping and playing with their kids, I dropped Finn off at Laura's and came in to school.  I was at school from 8-3:30, I went grocery shopping before I came in.

Tuesday I didn't have to go in to school, so I took Finn to get a haircut, and then to the park.  After the park, I--once again--dropped him off at daycare to go take photos of my new nephew.  That is my other job, and it is really fun, but also really intense. 

Have I mentioned that not ONCE this week has Randy gotten home from work before 8:30?  It's awesome.  This is what single-parenting is like.  It's not his fault, and I'm not blaming him (at all), but it really sucks. 

Wednesday I went in to school, and I edited pictures all day long because my classes were working independently.  It was great because I actually got all the editing done for that session by the end of the day.  I picked Finn up after school and brought him back to the Pub, where we stayed until 7:30.  We left in a very dramatic fashion while Finn threw a huge tantrum about NOT wanting to eat any soup.  It was (not) fun. Super (not) fun (not even a little bit). 

Thursday was a regular school day, but a Crier Thursday, and a highly stressful day.  I picked Finn up after school  and brought him to my parent's house.  And realized that I forgot extra diapers at home, so had to go home and get some, and bring them back to my parent's.  It sucked.  I picked Finn up around 8:00, after my editor had a serious meltdown about paper, and brought him home.  Randy got home at 9:00 and put Finn to bed. 

Today is Friday...I have a wedding to shoot in Indianapolis all day tomorrow.  My parents are watching Finn...again.  Gosh I hate having to ask people to watch him.  It makes me feel terrible.  

Sunday is Mother's Day.  I have no idea if Randy will even be able to take it off, and my thought is no...so, that's not really celebratory for me.  It's not really a celebration at all.  I have had to plan half of it, which I really resent.  I don't understand why Father's day gets to be this big celebration, but there are a lot of fathers that can't get their shit together to celebrate the women that do EVERYTHING for them in their lives, so I have to deal with it.  And it pisses me off.  I don't feel celebrated at all at this point.  That was kind of a side-rant.  Whatever.

Anyways...an entirely other side of this is that I had to make official decisions about some things this week, and tell the people that matters. I'll talk more about this later, because it's still a bit new right now.  I'm excited about these changes, but I'm also a bit nervous, and a bit sad about changes.  I have never been a huge change person. 

Overall...an insane week.  It will be followed by another insane week including two photo shoots, another wedding and my Grandpa's 96th birthday party. 

Gosh...I really need a break...and it's a good thing one is coming and I can't wait to write about "the summer of Finn."

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the hubs's work schedule. James's schedule is always horrible all of the time. Sometimes an entire day goes by where I don't speak to another adult. I don't know your parents at all but I'm sure they love when you need them to watch Finn. My mom WISHES I were there to ask her all the time. I don't know how you deal with the full time job AND all the after-school stuff. I'd be a in a terrible mood 100% of the time. I hope you have a good Mother's Day anyway. Women are always better at celebrating holidays than men are anyway. I think on some level, some of them resent holidays because it makes them accountable all at the same time. There is something about the "at the same time"-ness of that that really bugs them. I think holidays like these are wonderful and I love to celebrate them for the important people in my life (I know you are like that too), so then we hope that others feel that way about celebrating for us. Just make sure you hold and kiss Finn a million times on Mother's Day and it will all be worth it.

    ReplyDelete