Green

Friday, October 7, 2011

The illness that wouldn't die.

So, at my house...we have been sick for 3 (almost 4) weeks straight.

I am not exaggerating. At all.

First, Finn started feeling icky and got a "croupy" cough. I took him to the doctor. He was diagnosed with a double ear infection and "mild" croup. He was given 10 days of antibiotic. He loved the first antibiotic, but it gave him serious diarrea. Nothing but fun for ten days, but he got better and it seemed to be gone. He got off the medication on a Monday, and started up with the "croup" cough on the Sunday night BEFORE he stopped the antibiotic.

So, he went to daycare, was super crabby on Monday, and when I picked him up Laura said, you need to take him in again. I called the doctor right away, called off for Tuesday and brought him in. That night was awful, he was wheezing and coughing. Croup sounds (pretty much) like the worst thing on the planet. He had to get a breathing treatment the next day (which is the worst thing ever, and completely heart breaking).

So now he had "Moderate" croup. And was given steroid treatment for 4 days, the croup seemed to be easing up, but the cough was getting worse, as did the crabbiness and the runny nose.

Randy took off Thursday and made a doctor's appointment for him again. He was diagnosed with his SECOND double ear infection, and given a different antibiotic.

It terrifies me that this child doesn't act differently when he has ear infections. It's not that I want him to scream, but I want to know what is wrong. Now, I'll bring him in for any tiny little thing that goes wrong :(

So, we thought maybe we were out of the woods this Monday, when we decided that Finn was okay to go back to daycare on Tuesday. But then, Randy seemed to get a flu-like thing on Monday night, and then I ended up going to the Minute Clinic on Tuesday and they put me on an antibiotic for a sinus infection, except my throat keeps getting worse. Today is the first day that it feels even slightly better.

Yesterday I thought I was going to cry whenever I swallowed because it hurt so bad.

So, apparently our house is a death trap. Do not come over, do not even get CLOSE because you don't want what we got.

I have two photo shoots this weekend, one is a senior shoot so I think I'll be okay for that one, but tomorrow morning I have a huge family shoot, and I can't shoot a family without my voice. Grrr.

Being sick is annoying.


**I apologize for all the spelling errors, and lack of proofreading, and lack of attention to any sort of detail in this post (even moreso than others), because I just can't bring myself to give a fuck today.

Excuse the language...

whatever.

1 comment:

  1. hope you guys are all feelin better by now....we are all taking turns bein sick over here too and i love fall and feel like we are missin out :(

    ReplyDelete