Green

Friday, February 5, 2010

My life is an ellipses

It's really hard for me to come up with blog titles. Really hard. Sometimes I think about for tens of minutes. So all I could come up with today was ... (<----) I am 27 years old. Is that too old? Or too young? to have a baby? Why can I NOT stop thinking about it. I feel like some days I really feel ready for that. Other days I don't think I'm even close to ready. My brother is having a baby, well...his wife is. I'm really happy for him because he's wanted a baby for a long time. BUT, his wife is only 25 (he is 32). My husband is 25; I am 27. Does this matter? How old is TOO old? ...I did some research on the internet. A woman in her 20s has an 84-98% chance of conceiving, while a woman in her 30s has a 75% chance of conceiving. As long as the woman is in good physical shape, the risk of her being hurt is somewhat low. Okay, well lately I cannot stop thinking about babies. BABIES, BABIES, BABIES!? Wtf, right? Last night, Randy and I picked out names...like, for hours. Sat there with a baby name book and looked up names.

In case someone else on the planet reads this blog...I don't want anyone to know our names, so I had to erase them! :) Sorry, but I am possessive.

Randy likes Brennan (that's his mother's maiden name). I think it's boring. We would call her Brynn, which I still don't hate. I guess I just want something that means something. I want something that is like all the names for the boys. Something interesting and beautiful. If anyone, other than myself is reading this blog. I'm taking options.

  • Atticus (To Kill a Mockingbird)
  • Finn and Huckleberry (Huckleberry Finn)
  • Natasha (War and Peace)
  • Briony (Atonement)
  • Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights)
  • Pearl (The Scarlet Letter)
  • Fitzwilliam (Pride and Prejudice)
  • Elinor (Sense and Sensibility)
  • Dorthea (Middlemarch)
  • Daisy (The Great Gatsby)
  • Rhett and Scarlett (Gone with the Wind )


  • Let me clarify. I am not pregnant. Nor do I plan to be pregnant at any time in the near future. I am just being prepared, and anal, and OCD.

    The end.


    Wait, I seriously can't believe I just wrote an entire blog about this. I'm ridiculous!

    Becky

    No comments:

    Post a Comment