Green

Monday, May 10, 2010

In Denial

So...did you know it's not summer...yet?

I had a fabulous weekend, it went so well that throughout the weekend there was one fact that I absolutely could not comprehend. I had to go back to work on Monday. What? Friday I went shopping with Chrisanne, which has become somewhat of a ritual (which is good for our waistlines (i.e. no popcorn every Friday night) but bad for our pocketbooks). Saturday I just lounged around the house--watched bad t.v., cleaned and did laundry. Sunday was full of activities. We went to a BBQ at Betty and Mike's house and then to another BBQ at Ryan and Sarah's house.

These barbeque's made it feel like summer. Granted, it was a little bit chilly, but that's how I like it. So, why isn't it summer yet? When we got home last night, Ashley came over to see our kitchen, and chat, and watch an episode of The United States of Tara. This further increased my delusional behavior...Ashley is home...it's summer, right?

Well, when I woke up today. I discovered that is was NOT summer. And I was NOT happy about it. I so did not want to go to sleep at 9:30 last night, and I SO did not want to wake up at 5:30 this morning. It sucked.

However, there are only 25 more calendar days until the end of the year, which I am terribly happy/excited about. Last summer was a really difficult one for me because Randy was gone the entire time, and my car would hardly ever start...this summer is going to be much better (I hope!).

Also, since my relationship with Ryan has been strained lately, I was not looking forward to going to his house yesterday. However, it was awesome. On our way down the street I said, "I wish that Chris was going to be here" and guess who answered the door...? CHRIS! It was awesome! He is so hilarious and Randy and Chris get along so well!

Weekend was great. I hope the school week is (1) good and (2) incredibly fast so that we are on our way to THREE MORE WEEKS of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment