Green

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Indecisive

So, I have an interview tomorrow. Is it weird that I have an interview tomorrow and I'm not really sure if I want the job.

What would be better?

- The challenge of following in the footsteps of someone who is a legend?

OR

- Building my own program from (basically) scratch.

I can't stop thinking about it and stressing myself out about it. I feel like I've built these kids up and they love journalism now, and how am I going to walk away from that? How will I do it?

I have told many people that I live my life in a series of "What if's?"

- What if I get this job?
- What will I say?
- What will I tell my students?
- What will I tell my associates? (not really a big concern for me)
- What if I do a bad job? I'm already doing a good job here, we can only continue to keep getting better?
- What if I had the support of the administration?
- What if I worked hard, and created a program that was comparable, without having it been placed in my lap?

I just don't know what to do, and I know that it's too early to even be thinking about it. Honestly, what I HOPE happens is that I go to the interview, do my best and then don't get it. That way I don't have to make the decision.

Who knows what will happen, but I am sure going to be glad when it's over.

I am definitely welcoming ANY and ALL thoughts about this. I really need some advice.


P.S. Oliver is doing MUCH better, his crazy sore, which (if you're my facebook friend) you saw...is healing quite well. Hopefully things will continue to get better and better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment