Green

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Perspective

So, I am a closet-stalker. One of my friends told me about the blog of a woman that I know, she's not one of my best friends, but I know her. Yesterday, during a night-time feeding I started reading her blog. I have been reading her blog ever since. This particular woman went through a painful miscarriage. I won't tell you her story, because it's not my story to tell.

Suffice it to say that I've spent many hours, holding my precious son in my arms, reading the story of her loss and the two years since her loss. Yesterday was a rough day, Randy has strep throat, Finn and I are working on block feeding, which is incredibly stressful; I didn't get anything done all day because of crying, lack of sleep and numerous other obstacles. So, I was feeling very 'poor-me' throughout the day.

I'm not anymore.

I sometimes cannot believe how lucky I am. Randy and I got pregnant within a week of trying, we had a healthy pregnancy, we have this beautiful, healthy son who is everything I could ever want in my life. And now, I have this reminder that is truly a gift. Reading that blog reminded me that life is precious, and sometimes what we are complaining about is what we truly wanted. Though I would love a full 8 hours of sleep, I am beyond blessed that my baby boy is healthy and wants to eat every 3-4 hours.

I wish I was more articulate in my writing in a first-draft (I'm not, and I don't do any planning because this is for me, and no one else). I wish I could express my gratitude for what I've been given, but I am so happy that I have this gift in my life. Finn has his cranky moments, but I wouldn't even trade the crabby moments for anything different.

Life is Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment