Green

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Today...

Was long...and is still happening at this moment. It's a Crier week. If there are any of you out there who do not know what this means...it's our school paper, that comes out pretty much every 3 weeks. It is a long process, and it sucks. And no one seems to understand it. Well, there are a few people that understand it, but--in a general sense--no one understands this. My kids work really hard to put out a professional paper, and I have to be here to supervise, and help, and troubleshoot, and (sometimes) edit. And sometimes, I feel like people think "It's just a high school paper." This makes me angry on a WHOLE LOT of levels, but I digress.

It's been a really hard week. It started out fine, but then on Tuesday Finn was supposed to have his well check-up for his 1 year appointment. This 1 year appointment has been the source of a LOT of stress for me. I'm trying to decide my feelings on vaccinations, and haven't really come to a conclusion. Surprise, surprise--we didn't have to worry about it. Because Finn had a 100.6 degree temperature, and he couldn't get shots. This was good (????) and bad. Good because I didn't have to think about shots, bad because well...Finn's sick, and snotty, and coughing up his lung, and has a fever, and WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO DO BECAUSE HOW AM I GOING TO TAKE MORE DAYS OFF OF WORK!???!!?!?!?

So yeah, that made it bad. And guess what? I had to go back to school after his doctor's appointment.

Then, Randy stayed home with him on Wednesday while I went to school. I was supposed to stay until 5, but apparently Finn wouldn't eat anything for Randy, so I had to come home at 5:30, which means that tonight will be AWFUL!

So, then today I had to stay home because he still had a fever this morning. So, here's what I have done today:
- Went to the bank
- Cleaned the entire house (not just straightened, but actually cleaned!)
- Did 4 loads of laundry
- Got gas
- Went out and got Finn soup
- Skyped with Ashley
- Put Finn down for a nap (this is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT for me...he never EVER naps for me)

And then I went to school, for going on 4 hours.

All this on 4-5 hours of sleep (coughing baby=wakeful mommy).

And I'm just so damn tired, and crabby, and PISSED OFF because I feel so alone in everything that I do. I don't understand why no one seems to "understand" me. I know this is all in my head, because clearly there are lots of people doing these exact same things...but I am just so tired. And angry. And lonely.

Gah. I am now way passed the acceptable whining limit for this blog, so I will sign off.

Sorry for bitching. Kind of.

2 comments:

  1. yikes. I'm sorry. Hope my texts weren't bad timing then!

    Hope the end of the week gets here quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee! Your texts were NOT good timing! I always ALWAYS love to hear that you are doing well. :) I just miss Ashley, and I let it get to me! Sorry for being a crabby jerk.

    ReplyDelete