Green

Thursday, March 8, 2012

You shouldn't even read this.

I have seen my son for a combined two hours in the last two days. I have gotten home from work after 9:00 for the last two days.

Two days.

It was a bad two days, lots of days aren't like that.

It just hurts me.

I am so tired. I am tired of BEING tired. I am tired of saying that I will do things that I don't/can't do. I am tired of COMPLAINING. I bet you are tired of that too.

I called Randy on the way home from dropping off the mini-bus at the bus barn last night, and he said "you just woke up Finn" and I just hung up. Sometimes I get sad that while I am Finn's mother, I am also lots of other things, and sometimes I just call to talk.

Good news...the last long night of the week was yesterday, hopefully the rest of the week will be somewhat smooth. One of my student's won Student Journalist of the Year for our state yesterday, it was pretty cool. She posted on facebook that she owed it all to...her old journalism teacher (not me). I don't know why, but it made me sad. She's right, of course, but it made me sad.

This is depressing. If you want to stop reading my blog, you have my permission. I don't even know if anyone other than Leah reads it anymore anyways.

Gah...I promise the next time I post it'll be a HAPPY post, full of pictures of Finn, and an overuse of smiley-face emoticons.

YOU HAVE MY WORD!

5 comments:

  1. I still read your blog!

    And I understand.
    It sucks.

    Let me know if I can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like you and Finn need a date night. Or a date day! You need to take some time for just the two of you to go and do something FUN together! And after you do that...we journalism ladies need to go out to dinner for some adult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I like Wady's idea. like love her idea. a lot.
    2. I do still read your blog and I do love it-- the good and the bad. The good because they're awesome posts and you're inspirational and a million other wonderful things and it's good to see. Don't take this wrong because, while I'm not a working mother, your bad days help me think I'm not alone and those posts are incredibly helpful, too. Knowing I'm not alone and we all have our struggles even though they may come in different packages goes a long way. In fact, right now, mine is screaming as if I am beating her because I am forcing my overly-tired, teething toddler to take a nap and she unequivocally does not want to take a flipping nap.
    3. Sometimes men don't think before they speak (and that's why women are superior). :)
    4. You are a million things to a million people and you give everything you can to whomever you're focusing on and that is a rare quality.
    5. I hope the end of the day tomorrow finds you faster than you think it will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read and I'm sorry it's been so rough :( I hope that the fact that tomorrow is Friday makes things a bit better and that you guys can have a fun weekend. Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone. It was a bad day! But today was a much better one, in part because of reading these comments! :)

    ReplyDelete