Green

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Story of the Mysterious APPEARING stretch marks

Let me tell you a little story...

Once upon a time, there was a pregnant woman. Thus far she had had a relatively smooth pregnancy. Yes, there were bumps in the road (she learned about tearing, watched her first birth, almost passed out a few times, and was very tired); however, she felt pretty good most days and was very lucky. She had a great husband, a little boy on the way, a great puggle and many other blessings. One of the blessings that had been bestowed upon her was that she didn't have any stretch marks. She thought this was pretty good for being seven and a half months pregnant. She even thought, on more than one occasion, that maybe she wouldn't have stretch marks. Looking back, this was a silly thought because she is (obviously) having a giant baby.

Well, one day, let's call it yesterday, she was changing her shirt to get ready for bed. There were the stretch marks--not one, not two, but approximately 1 million stretch marks--OUT OF NOWHERE! She is not kidding about this. Her husband took a new "belly" picture on Thursday and NONE of these stretch marks were anywhere to be found. What the HECK??????

She was very sad, and didn't feel like such a lucky girl anymore.

However, she then thought about her little boy and how he would be worth all of the trouble in the end.

The End.

P.S. This is a completely true story. I think that it is my responsibility to share this with travesty with all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Scary, scary, scary...but totally worth it. ;) Have you tried the cocoa butter? I hear it's amazing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cool. It's payback for not barfing. I did hear that they fade within the first six months- I can't remember where I read it, but it was just the other day. I am doubling up on the cocoa butter starting ASAP. In fact, I think I am going to saran wrap myself in cocoa butter before bed every night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL--according to my research, "there is no known working preventative care," however, I still use the smelly cocoa butter every damn day.

    Here's hoping they fade :)

    ReplyDelete