Green

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The #1 question I get asked, "Are you having twins?"

NO I AM NOT!

And guess what? I do not think it's cute when you ask me about it either. I am not flattered, I am not amused, and you are definitely not the first person to ever ask me that.

Seriously, yesterday about 4 different people...at school asked me variations of this question...
- "Are you sure there is only one baby in there?"
- "I can't believe you're not having twins."
- "You look just like me when I was pregnant with my twins."
- "Are you having twins?"

It's so hilarious. Listen people--I went to the doctor yesterday, and she said that I should not be concerned that I am measuring 1 cm bigger than normal--she said I could have a larger amount of fluid, etc. She said nothing about having a giant baby, or anything like that. But, I'm more concerned about it than any of you are--I can promise you that.

So, my question is...why do people think this is okay to say? I would never say to you "Wow, you are not even pregnant, but WOW you look really fat." Why is it okay when you're pregnant to make people feel like crap? I am not a fan. And believe me, I know I look huge, I see myself every day. I do not need you to remind me.

I also thoroughly enjoy the random people in stores, etc. that say to me "When are you due?" and I say February 1st and they look stunned and just say "oh!" with a surprised look on their face. Again, maybe you just shouldn't ask. One time I tried to lie, I said "January" and then the woman kept asking "When in January?" And I am a terrible liar, so then I just looked like an idiot who didn't know when her baby was due.

Whatever--I know I'm big, but I hope my little guy is healthy and happy :) and at least I know now how annoying it is to say that to people, so I will never say it to anyone (I don't know if I ever said it before...but I probably did, because I was an idiot).

I just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment