Green

Sunday, December 12, 2010

What a crazy day...

My day today started out pretty normally, woke up, let Ella out, fed her, went back to bed. Spent a few minutes snuggling with my favorite puggle and my favorite person, and then got up. Randy and I got ready and made our way to the gas station, Target and finally to Addison's baptism. The weather wasn't so terrible, but it looked like it was going to. After the baptism, we came out of church and the weather was CRAZY. Blowing snow, almost white-out conditions, the worst I have seen in a long time. It made me think about a lot of things.

First, it made me happy that I didn't have to drive to Chesterton every day. One of the scariest experiences of my entire life (maybe even possibly the #1 scariest experience of my life) was driving home last year in a snowstorm from Chesterton. It was completely white-out and I was absolutely terrified, crying and everything. I made it, but I never forced myself to drive anywhere again, I took off 3 days after that because I wasn't sure how the weather was going to be.

Second, it made me think about our little man (because most things do)--I hope he loves the snow. Randy and I love snow and can't wait to take him sledding, snowboarding, ice skating and a bunch of other things. Addison is such a cutie, and it's great to see her. There were also two little boys there--Max and Brayden and both were pretty adorable. It makes it more and more difficult to wait for our little guy, because I can't wait to meet him.

Third, it made me think about how happy I am with my life at the moment. It's weird, because on a day-to-day basis, I whine and complain as much as I ever did. I am tired, my back hurts, my feet hurt, yadayadayada and it's all true. I get tired of work. I get sick of Randy. I get sick of my family sometimes. BUT, I am so happy right now. Sitting in my living room, looking at our Christmas tree, fire roaring, snow blowing outside, (knowing all my family made it home safe and sound) Ella and Randy playing on the floor and Baby Hoyle kicking me. It's perfect. I can't imagine anything better.

Only 5 days until Christmas break and possibly my favorite two weeks of the entire year. Christmas is magical, it always is.

12.18--Hoyle family Christmas :)
12.19--Nothing...isn't that fabulous!?
12.20--Spending the entire day cleaning the house, and dinner with great friends
12.21--Doctor's appointment, car seat inspection and finishing cleaning
12.22--Randy is off of work!! And we are going to see It's a Wonderful Life with Marnie and Jay! :)
12.23--Ashley's birthday and downtown with Renee, Ashley and Ava to go to the American Girl Store
12.24 Christmas Eve :)
12.25 Christmas Day! :) :) :)
12.26 Blissfully...nothing
12.27 Randy and I's anniversary
12.28-1-1.11 Hanging out with Randy and Ella and enjoying a week off of life.

Love it. Gotta get through this ONE MORE WEEK! :)

2 comments:

  1. I really have nothing to say except that I love you and this whole post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to think of a time that we could bring back the gingerbread house decorating competition. Mike mentioned that he's always heard about it, but has yet to participate. Let me know if you think of a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete