Green

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our Baby Shower :)

Us with our awesome cake! :) It said "Randy and Becky Lasso Stork" an homage to our favorite movie of all time--It's a Wonderful Life (because it's like our life!). I was so excited about it!
The lorax table--LOVE IT!
The awesome favors :) And the two games that we played--one was a fill-in about nursery rhymes, and the other was a word game where it used synonyms to figure out the names of children's books (I'm just saying--I got 100% on this game). They were both awesome!
The Harry Potter table! :) Loved it sooo much and won the pot in the middle (fair and square!).


Okay-so I am really behind on blogging, but last weekend was our baby shower. It was AWESOME. I have been really out of the loop about it, because all my sneaky sisters wouldn't tell me anything. However, it was so exciting and fun to see how beautiful everything was.

The theme was...BOOKS! :) I really hope that our little guy loves to read, and I will work my hardest to make sure that books surround him his entire life. All the centerpieces were different pots with flowers in them decorated like my favorite childrens' books. Then, there were bookmarks and notepads as favors. All of the people at the shower even brought a book, instead of a card, to share with the little one. It was so awesome :) And, my dad made us a bookshelf to put all of his books, which is almost full after the shower :)

It was so nice to see so many of our friends/family together in one place, and honestly made us feel incredibly blessed. All of our sisters and both of our moms did an awesome job putting the shower together. It was so beautiful, and so very, very US.

While, opening the presents is always such a stressful event, we got through it and got a ton of stuff that we need! :) We were also able to return a few things and are almost completely done getting the things we need for Baby Hoyle (by the way--I can't WAIT to reveal his name, because it's so difficult for me to keep from putting it on here because it's what I call him ALL THE TIME!). We have a very short list of things that we still need, and are waiting to get the last few things to see if we get any of them for Christmas :) I sent a list to Ashley just in case anyone had some last-minute shopping to do.

I just can't believe that in less than 2 months our little guy will be here (hopefully) and we hope and pray that he will be happy and healthy. We can't wait to meet you little guy--the shower really showed how much you will be surrounded with love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment