Green

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I think I'll go to Australia

The last two days have been really bad--No good, horrible, terrible, really bad days.

Yesterday started well enough, I missed a department meeting because I had no recollection that it was yesterday. Then, after school, I stayed after in not one, but two rooms (room #1-photography for students to work on their final projects, room #2-newspaper to finish up the latest edition of The Crier). It was agonizing. One day I will count how many times people say "Mrs. Hoyle" in a day. Sometimes, especially on days when I am excrutiatingly tired it really grates on my nerves. Around 5, I call Randy and he had a terrible day too, so he talks about it for...a while. Finally, I get to tell him the good news that I had (my retainer would b free because of a dentist mistake and I had found out that a photographer had offered us a free newborn session), well Randy really overreacted to this news and got angry about it, which turned into a huge fight because both of us were (1) overtired (2) had terrible days and (3) weren't listening to each other.

I stayed at school for another 2 hours...and then went home.

Where the fight continued until bedtime.

Night #2 of almost no sleep. I cannot function on no sleep (Becky, are you aware that you are about to have a newborn? yes I am, and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the lack of sleep then either). I spent last night tossing, turning, feeling little man kick me over and over (I still love it, even at 2 am), moving from couch, to bed, to guest bed, to couch to try to get comfortable. Ella gets upset about this too, because she likes to come with me where I sleep (Randy doesn't let her cuddle as close to him, and he moves around too much). Through all the moving, going to the bathroom 4 times, etc. etc. I also had crazy dreams, crazy dreams about breastfeeding. I don't really want to talk about them.

Today, woke up, on the couch with Randy telling me it's almost 6:30. That is BAD. So, I got up showered, got ready and out the door. I am really, really crabby. I have already lost it with a few students today. They deserved it--don't you worry, but I am not someone who loses it very often (at school at least). Whatever.

The worst part? I don't get to leave after school. It's a Crier week, so I will be here...until probably 8 or 9 p.m. tonight. HOW MUCH DOES THAT SUCK?

Here's the silver lining, this week, the next three days, are all that stands between me and Christmas break. I absolutely love Christmas break. I love everything about it--snow, lights, presents, food, and most of all--being at home with Randy and Ella (and this year--baby Hoyle), it is awesome. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the next three days go quickly, and let me get some sleep tonight!?

No comments:

Post a Comment