Green

Monday, April 12, 2010

I fell down the stairs...that is not a typo and no you are not reading a 5 year old's blog

I have had a rough morning, "But Becky, it's only 8:10 am, how could you possibly have had such a rough morning already?" Well, let me tell you...

Today is an exciting day, I have a meeting about the ever-so-elusive job opportunity. I wake up (early), take a shower (early), do my hair all fancy-like (early!), watch Saved By the Bell (can't change up my routine too much or the dogs get nervous) and get dressed in nicer-than-normal clothing. I get my lunch ready, feed the aforementioned dogs, wake up my lovely husband and get on my way. Randy has already walked out the door and I am walking downstairs...doing all of the following...shuffling through my purse to find my keys, checking my text messages, aqnd trying to hold on to a bag of fat-free Pringles, a Smart Ones, a giant water bottle, my purse and my phone.

I tripped over my taller-than-normal shoe and seriously FELL down the stairs. We are talking head-first. On the way down I hit...both of my knees, my elbow, my hands and...get ready for this...my chin on the cement floor in the basement.

Bruises are already appearing on...my elbows, knees and (hope that this is in my hypochondriac mind...my chin. WTF? My legs also feel sore as well as my shoulder hurts.

Who wants to start off a Monday like that? Especially a Monday where I want to feel good, where I want to feel positive. Seriously...FML.

Now, as I fall down the stairs, I legitimately don't know if I can get up and I start to sob...I mean hysterically sob...and reach for my phone and call Randy "Call Failed" and call Randy "Call Failed" and call Randy "Call Failed" and call Randy
Me: sob::sniffle::sob
Randy : "What's wrong?!?!?"
Me: "I" sob:: sniffle:: "fell down the" sob:: sniffle "stairs."
Randy: Hangs up the phone and literally runs back into the house and helps me up, looks at all my injuries, hugs me, wipes away my tears, "I'm sorry, are you okay?"

Love him yet?

Then he carries my books and everything into the car, makes sure I am okay...did I mention he's already late for work at this point?

I love him. Then, he calls me on the way to work and apologizes about not putting up the banister for the stairs sooner.

So...while falling down the stairs makes me want to kill myself...FML, the fact that I can always count on Randy to "pick me up" both literally and figuratively = MLIA.

Damn. I hope today gets better.

2 comments:

  1. I think that today did get better because I saw you 12 hours later and it seemed better. Also, which episode of Saved by the Bell was it? If it's a crappy episode then it should have been foretelling of how your day would end up. If you ever get the "I'm So Excited" workout video episode, you should buy a lottery ticket because it is going to be an AWESOME DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...Amen sister.

    P.S. It was not the greatest of episodes, they are through the high school years episodes and have entered back into the middle school years. Today was the episode with Stevie where Zach pretends he was dying...those crazy kids!

    I have no life.

    P.S. I definitely have a small bruise on my stupid chin.

    ReplyDelete