Green

Friday, April 9, 2010

The Nerve I have

So, as I posted out there to my hundreds of thousands of readers...stop laughing, oh wait, no one's laughing, no one is there...I had several students deface my property one Monday of this week. Well, talking to those students went better than expected with some, worse than expected with others.

I still don't feel like I know the entire story because each one likes to blame the others for the main destruction. So, I have to punish everyone, which is just fine by me.

Rather than making them pay for my poster, or anything else...I will make them write a 3-4 page essay about responsibility, and it will hurt...a lot.

But, here's what annoys me today...I told the last student about it today; the first two accepted responsibility wholeheartedly and seemed to understand. The last two gave me attitude back...ME?

Me...who did NOT call their parents. Me...who decided not to report them to the AP. ME!?!?!? And now I feel more annoyed than ever about the situation. I feel like I cut them a break.

I also feel like it's ridiculous that only one person in that class told me the truth...only one. I'm trying to internalize the fact that out of 30 kids, only ONE thought that it was important enough to tell me. Would I have told if I was in the class? I really hope I would have, I can't remember EVER seeing ANYONE vandalize anything at school, but would I have had the guts to tell? Or would I lack integrity as well.

I am really trying my best to not hold it against the entire class, but I don't know if I will succeed at that. It is hard because I am truly angry about it, but moreso I am hurt by it. I feel a little bit silly about that. I don't care what these kids think of me, many of them already hate me. I guess I care more that they don't respect me, because you wouldn't do that to someone that you respect.

So...that's my beef with today.


However, there are also several good/great things about today. I shall list them for all of you (LoL--I am so funny with the "all of you" references today!)

- Today is FRIDAY! :)
- There are only56 days until school is over :)
- I am going to a movie with Chrisanne tonight, and we get to eat popcorn and drink pop...did not realize how dorky this sounded until actually writing ti.
- Oliver is feeling better!
- Did I mention that IT IS FRIDAY!?
- I am having my IMAP assessment today, and therefore hope to have my "golden ticket" in my hand by the end of the day ensuring that I will have my teaching license next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment