Green

Friday, September 16, 2011

Sick Angel

So...yes, Finn is still sick. It has been a BAD week. It all started last Friday. Finn (still) had a cold. We went to bed at 10:00, I woke up at 11:15 to projectile vomit coming at me. I literally was dripping in vomit (yes, Finn still sleeps in our bed...deal), I got up and woke Randy up while crying and shaking.

"Hold him while I change my shirt."

My poor baby angel kept vomiting and heaving for the next hour. He finally fell asleep in his Daddy's arms. Randy then fabricated a sleeping arrangement for Finn which included blankets, towels an his carseat. It looked...like this.

I called the doctor during all of this, and he said that we shouldn't feed him, and that there was really nothing they could do, and since he wasn't running a fever he was probably fine.

What you said? I called the doctor, and actually talked to him? YES! My doctor PICKED UP HIS CELL PHONE AND TALKED TO ME at 11:30 on a Friday night. I love him.

We waited. The next day, he had a bad cold, but no more vomiting.

On Sunday night, I got a terrible headache and assumed that I was catching what Finn had, we went to bed early and were mostly fine. Woke up on Monday, and Finn was still coughing. I decided to take the day off. While I was off, we actually had a good day. Around 10am I thought that we probably should have just gone to school/work, but it was a nice day.

All week long he had a runny nose, and this weird deep creepy cough, but didn't seem terribly sick. We kept taking his temperature, we kept watching for ear-grabbing, crying, etc. But there wasn't any.

I picked him up from Laura's on Thursday and she said that he woke up screaming from his nap. If you've ever met Finn you know that he is not a screamer, he is not a crier, he is not a whiner. He is seriously the perfect child. I am not exaggerating, not even a little bit. I know he's mine, and so I am biased, but I am not the only one who says it. He's just so darn sweet. So we knew that this was bad.


Also, last night another one of the teachers I work with posted on facebook that her little girl had croup, which is basically a nasty cough, so after looking up a ton of information, and finding out that this cough sounded like a "seal" bark, we decided that this is probably what it was.

I called the doctor on the way home and made an appointment for today. So Randy took off this morning, and I took off this afternoon (AGAIN!). I got a video of the cough. I saw a different doctor than I normally do, so I wasn't sure.

She came in (by the way my giant baby weighs 19 lbs 9 ounces) and I told her about the symptoms, and I told her about the cough and how I thought it was croup (and how another kid in his daycare had it).

And she SCOFFS at me. She seriously looked at me like, "uhh, NO that's NOT it." So I get irritated, because it all goes back to when I always have to lie to my own doctor to get antibiotics for sinus infections EVERY time I go. Whatever. I got pissed, and I pulled out "THE VIDEO" and she looks at it and hears the cough, and then determines that "He has a mild case of croup." Yeah bitch, I know.

Anyways, he also has a DOUBLE ear infection. My poor baby angel. So we went at got him medicine, and he LOVED the medicine (thank God), and the medicine also brought me back to my childhood (Love that smell).

He started on medicine at 2:00pm, and he should be back to his sweet self by early tomorrow, though he is already such an angel child I can't imagine him getting any sweeter.

Did I mention that...

1. This is all my fault.
2. Slimy daycare kids.

I am so ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. Finn looks sweet even when he's sick!
    You're so smart to take a video of the cough! You're also more sane than me. I would've taken Kate to the ER as soon as she started puking. I also would've taken her as soon as I heard a 'seal bark cough' and tried to convince them she had whooping cough (it's an epidemic out here, though).
    Kate has a very stuffy, mucousy, runny nose and a light cough (like she's clearing her throat). I am pretty sure she got from the nursery at church. She loves going there, though, because she gets to play with other babies. They call her the MVP because she's the happy baby :)
    I'm looking forward to seeing you guys (9 more weeks)! It'll be fun to introduce our little ones to each other, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gus has croup right now....also spoke with the ped. in the middle of the night on Thursday. No ear infection, although his croup is bad enough for him to be on a steroid....between the croup and the roiding....the boy is a hot mess.

    P.S. Gus is cared for in his home, currently only by his mother....and still has croup!:)

    P.P.S. I am working on a Facebook message to you now.

    ReplyDelete