Green

Friday, April 20, 2012

I live for little moments like this.

Despite the busyness that comes along with Crier weeks, there are also ALWAYS sweet moments. From both my "kids" and my actual kid. I never get over how genuinely excited my students are to see Finn when he comes in (and he comes in quite often, especially now that Randy is working so much overtime). They all play with him, and talk to him and are just so genuinely sweet to him.

Then, there are my Finn moments. These are moments that are so deliciously perfect that it almost hurts. When they happen, I try so hard to soak it in, and to remember each and every moment. There were two specific moments like this this week.

The first happened on Tuesday. I came home from work, and Randy was playing with Finn. I came in, scooped him up and took him outside into the backyard. Randy came outside with us, and I watched the two people I love most in the entire world play together. Randy pushed Finn in his little, red, plastic car and Finn squealed out of happiness. I sat on the swing and watched, and my insides just felt happy. It's a crazy out-of-body type moment when you realize that your dreams are coming true right in front of you. I watched this perfect child, who loves his Daddy so much play in his yard. Ella was running back and forth and it was just perfect. Simple and perfect.

It happened again today. Just recently, we have made Friday night "movie night." We don't usually let Finn watch any television, but now that he's over a year, we let him watch a movie with us on Friday night. Tonight we watched Up (one of my favorites). And before tonight I've never really seen him be involved in a movie before.

Tonight he pointed and said "dog" when Doug came on the screen. He said "Bird" when Kevin came on. And he laughed his little head off at a few parts. The best part? He sat on my lap and snuggled with me the whole time he watched it (maybe 30 minutes total, but still). It was just so fun.

On weeks like this, we don't get to spend a lot of time together. I've seen him only a few hours while he's been awake the last few days. But tonight was so much fun for me.

It's weird how very full I can feel after spending more time with him. I am still kind of amazed by how much MORE I love him each and every day.

It's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment