Green

Sunday, April 15, 2012

School

I'm not sure when it happened, but school has become this awful place that I have to drag myself out of bed to go to each day.

I used to be someone who loved my job. I was that idiot that was like "I am kind of glad that summer break is over because I miss my students." Yeah...what kind of bullshit is that?

I'm telling you what--I haven't felt like that once this year. When I am gone (and I've been gone A LOT--I have like 2 sick days left) I do not miss this place, I lament over the fact that I eventually have to go back.

It's Sunday morning. Sunday morning is...church time (if that's what you're into), or rest time, or sit on your ass time. Sunday morning is not...GO IN TO SCHOOL WITH AN ENTIRE GROUP OF STUDENTS TIME.

But that's what I am doing right now. I woke up at 6, and came into school today. I will be here all morning. On top of this, I feel AWFUL. My throat hurts so badly, I can barely swallow. I have been on an antibiotic for a sinus infection since Monday night, and I still feel awful. My throat feels about 20 times worse than it did on Monday. How does that happen? Seriously. So, after leaving here I'm going to have to go to Urgent Care! Twice in one week.

I'm sorry to those of you that read this blog lately. Because I promise I didn't use to complain 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I used to consider myself a happy person. I wish I knew how to get back to that. I actually think I do know how to get back to that....it's simply doing it...making decisions that have good and bad ramifications, dealing with the bad parts of myself and putting them on display. I need to get my shit together.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment