Green

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Nothing to report...

It has been a bit of a crazy week so far, and I will now write about it for no one's benefit but my own! Sorry I'm so boring lately.

Thursday night/Friday morning Finn woke up several times throughout the night with a fever. I gave him some Ibuprofen at one point, and he slept in bed with us for the rest of the night. When he woke up, he still had a temperature, but it was a low-grade temperature (at least according to the $60 thermometer-from-hell). Friday was pretty low-key, we went out to lunch with my Mom, and we took my Mom to my Dad's work so they could leave directly from there to go to the airport. I knew he had a fever, and I knew he was pretty miserable. By the time we got home Finn would barely move and felt awful. The theremometer-from-hell (TFH) said that his temperature was 100.6, but he just felt so hot to me. Randy got home and I told him that we were taking Finn to urgent care.

We also had to go pick up my parents' dog on Friday, because she is staying with us this week while my parents are in France (Mon Dieu!). She has really been an angel thus far, which is not her normal course of action.

When we got to urgent care his temperature was 103.2 and they were nervous about him having a seizure if his temperature was rising that fast. I felt like the WORST mother EVER, because instead of following my gut, I followed the doctor's advice about not giving medicine for a low-grade fever. They did a chest x-ray and a flu test, and gave him two different types of medicine while we were there. By the time we left his fever was down to 101.0, and the diagnosis...a virus.

The weekend went okay, Finn was extremely cranky and just wanted to be held by Mama the whole time, which was okay with me...most of the time at least. He had a fever through the weekend, and when Sunday night rolled around he still felt warm, and was developing the dreaded croup-cough. I no longer consulted TFH, so I have no idea how his temperature was doing. He also developed a rash all over his arms and legs.

I called off for Monday and took Finn in to the doctor again, where they looked at the rash and did a strep test. Diagnosis--still a GD virus. Which is fine. At least his ears were clear...I guess. Monday he was so crabby that I didn't even get a chance to shower all day. However, you will NEVER catch me complaining about a chance to stay home and cuddle that sweet boy.

I called off again for Tuesday because he had to be fever free for 24 hours to go back to day care. He was feeling pretty good though, so we headed out to Orland to get some birthday gifts for...about 30 different people's birthdays coming up. We got some great stuff. And I am slightly embarassed to tell you that I even purchased a little dress for a fictional baby girl that I sometimes dream of (I want you to go ahead and imagine Randy's reaction to that piece of information!).

And today...I am back at school and Finn is back at daycare even though he still has a terrible cough...it's not a croup cough anymore, just a regular old cough...so I guess that's good.

Oh AND on Friday my Grandpa was in the hospital again because his eye started bleeding and he had to get a tube put in his eye (he has problems producing enough tears, so they did surgery last week...and then this was a complication from surgery apparently).

We also had people over for Easter, which was great...and got to enjoy the amazing weather in the backyard :) Silver lining? Right?

1 comment:

  1. Kate had the exact same thing last week, too. Germy babies! Glad you got to stay home and take care of him!

    ReplyDelete