Green

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Another week, another VERY,VERY busy week. Yesterday at work was absolutely non-stop, trying to get things ready for state convention and nationals all at the same time is very stressful to me. Now, I know the seasoned pros can do this with very little stress, but--to me--it's a lot. Here was my day yesterday.

So, after a run to the hospital on Sunday night for Randy's mom (she is fine--no one worry!), in which Randy was incredibly upset about, which led to a late night on Sunday, I headed off to work Monday and worked, and worked, and worked, and then school was over. So, I went to Borders with my yearbook staff to look at design ideas. In the midst of all the insanity that was my day, Randy decided to stay home because he literally did not sleep at all on Sunday night (he's more emotional than one might think). Before I left I said to him, "please call the daycare provider--ask the questions we talked about, and tell her to keep us on the list for next year and solidify our spot." He said (wholeheartedly)..."Okay!" I got to school, e-mailed him a detailed list of what I wanted him to say/ask, and then called him and reminded him, to which he replied, "What are you talking about? I never said I would do that?" Which got us into a rather large fight. Now--he did end up calling, and getting everything straightened out, and we are fine and both still living, but it was stressful.

Then, I got home, the house was a mess, so I ate, went on a walk (making those a bigger priority nowadays) and cleaned up the house. I was absolutely exhausted, angry with Randy for not straightening up the house earlier, feeling very unloved and unsupported...

And then I got a text, from Jenn. It said "What are you doing next Friday evening? We have plans!"

Well, Jenn scheduled dinner and a pre-natal massage for me (and a "normal" massage for her) next Friday night. Are you kidding me? I legitimately felt happy for the first time the entire day! Next weekend is going to be the best weekend ever!

- Friday, OFF WORK--dinner and massages with the best friend EVER!
- Saturday, 3-D Ultrasound and Christmas decorating with Randy ALL DAY--don't judge, we know it's October 30th
- Sunday-more Christmas decorating :)
- Monday--OFF WORK
- Tuesday--OFF WORK! :) :) :) :)

This week needs to end already so next week can get here and I can anticipate the weekend :)

Jenn-you're awesome, and you are seriously the most thoughtful human being on the planet! thank you SOOOOOO much!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Jenn really is the most thoughtful person I think I've ever met! So happy to hear you had good news after a stressful day!

    ReplyDelete