Green

Monday, August 29, 2011

My husband.

I've been waiting a while to write this post ever since Randy wrote his post about failure.

My husband is one of the most caring men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Anyone who knows us knows that we fight like cats and dogs. I mean we fight ALL THE TIME. Crazy, name-calling, yelling matches. Anyone who REALLY knows us knows that we love each other anyways. Randy and I know exactly how to push each other's buttons. We know how to hurt each other with our words better than almost anyone I know, but we know how to use them lovingly as well. This weekend was a time where we used words in both ways. We talked about daycare/stay-at-home mommying several times. We talked about Ashley leaving. We talked about our precious angel growing up. Those are hard topics, and sometimes things get heated.

Today, on Randy's birthday, I want him to know (and all five of you readers) that he is an amazing father, and that not once in his entire life has he ever been a failure. He is successful at everything he does. Examples? Sure!

1. He bought our house for us, and transformed it from this nasty, disgusting, dirty, old gross mess into our home. The inside of our house is so cozy, so warm and so inviting, and he did that all alone, with more obstacles than I care to discuss. How many people can say that? My husband literally tore down our walls and rebuilt our house from the floors up.
2. His job, Randy has been at his job for almost 3 years, and has been promoted several times. He is such a hard worker, and I am so proud of what he has accomplished.
3. Me. Randy has always been my biggest supporter. EVer when he doesn't agree with what I am doing, he is there for me emotionally. He has always tried to do what is best for our family and for me. He is always helpful to me, always supportive, and always there for me, even at my worst.
4. Fatherhood, I realize that Finn is only 7 months old, but I can already see how Randy is such an amazing, successful father. Finn loves him so much, he lights up when he sees that his daddy is home. It is seriously so much fun to see.

He is one of the most kind, compassionate, and caring individuals I know. He wants to provide Finn and I with everything that we need, and what he doesn't know is that he does. Randy-you do. You are so amazingly wonderful with Finn. You are so very much in his life. He knows that you're his Daddy, and he ALREADY knows how much you love him. He trusts you, he snuggles you. I always knew you would be a great Daddy, but watching you with Finn (and any other children we have) will always be one of the happiest times in my entire life.

Happy birthday Randy. Finn & I love you so much.

1 comment: