Green

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The battle of the Junior Mints

Okay, so yesterday....I started my diet. Stop laughing, because I'm serious. I did really, REALLY well, and while Randy and I were working out (together...yes, seriously STOP LAUGHING!) he said "I don't know why, but I feel like this time is different." and I wanted to hug him. I wanted to shout "IT IS! IT HAS TO BE!" but I didn't want to be a weirdo, so I just smiled and nodded and I said, "It does feel different."

Yesterday we made our first healthy meal of 2012. It was steak with peppers and onions, and it was really good. Low carb, low sodium, but not low taste. It was delicious. Wanna see a picture? I thought you might. Yum, right?
So, yesterday was hard. I only had two cans of diet
pop (which is a lot less than normal, which is somewhat embarrassing), and no sweets ( which was downright difficult). I wasn't hungry, but I was craving sweets. I walked into school yesterday (which sucks enough in itself), and there was a bag on my desk, with an AMC movie gift certificate, and about 305 boxes of candy in it
(I may be exaggerating...slightly), and I didn't do it. I didn't eat one piece.

However, there were junior mints in there. I put every other box of candy into another bag to give to one of my Secret Santas at school, EXCEPT the junior mints. Those I left in the bag, because in some part of my mind, junior mints aren't as bad as other candies (delusional). I left them at school, and didn't eat them.

This morning, I put them in my bag and trudged over to my photography room. I thought, maybe I'll just have a few. After first hour, I looked at them, they taunted me. I said "NO!" After second hour, I looked at them, and they started taunting me again.

I opened them, and dumped them out (Betty, please don't be mad about this!). I didn't just throw the box out, I DUMPED out each little chocolate piece of goodness.

I was seriously proud of myself. I thought, maybe this time really IS different. I walked proudly to my meeting during my plan hour, with my head held high.

Then I walked into my classroom, and this was on my desk.
Why so many tests? FML.

Notice that they are unopened...as of yet.

:(

Damn junior mints.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of your will power! Toss those cookies too! I need to pitch all of our Christmas candy in the near future because pregnant or not, I probably shouldn't eat 10+ Tootsie Rolls in a day! Keep us posted on progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Betty's willpower here too- she says she needs to toss the candy, I am fervently working my way through EATING all of mine in preparation for my diet/workout revelation starting Monday. :) Good job, friends- may cookies and candy no longer haunt your dreams or waking moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Bett! Sometimes I wish I could send out a memo to people "please don't bring me candy/cookies anymore" but then I remember how every other time before this time I was so damn excited to see cookies, and remember that that is why!

    Chrisanne--eat your candy! You look amazing anyways :) But hopefully I'll still be here on the other side when you start eating healthy, because I haven't cracked yet.

    ReplyDelete