Green

Monday, January 16, 2012

The down and dirty truth

This weekend was...well, a "normal" weekend, in that it was insanely, stupidly busy. On Saturday, I had to go to Day #2 of ACT training.. It was from 9-5, exhausting, and draining. Sunday was my niece's 8th birthday party. Both were about an hour away.

Both led to some difficult choices with eating. On Saturday, we were out of turkey lunch meat, so I had to get a sandwich at Potbelly (the home of the wonderful, amazing, AWESOME chocolate chip oatmeal cookies), and then we went out to dinner with my parents for our anniversary. Then on Sunday we had to go out to dinner again with my entire family. It was rough.

And here's the honest truth, I did well, but I didn't do perfectly.

Saturday lunch: skinny turkey on wheat with lettuce and tomatoes & a pickle. This is pretty close to what my normal lunch would have been, and I was proud of myself. No cookie, no chips.

Saturday dinner: Applebees; I ordered off the *under 550 menu* and I got steak with onions. I did really well again. My parents ordered spinach artichoke dip, and I had NONE, I also got potatoes with my meal and ate ZERO of them.

Sunday dinner: Pizza and wings. You heard that right. We went to a pizza and wings restaurant, and that is what they ordered. My sister and her husband were paying for it, so it's not like we could have said "sure we will take this $12 salad, while the rest of you eat pizza and wings." So, we were careful. I ate 2 squares of pizza, and had water. It was hard, and it made me want to eat 1000 more pieces, but I didn't.

All in all, when I weighed myself this morning, I was up .3 pounds. That's a POINT 3, which I am pretty proud of. Under normal circumstances, I would have ate my face off and then "started again"on Monday. I'm pretty proud of that.

Today has ALREADY been full of challenges.

Literally FIRST THING THIS MORNING I was offered a "crownie" which is the BEST cookie on the planet, one of my students makes them and they are sincerely PHENOMENAL! Then, it's another one of my student's birthday, and someone made red velvet cupcakes (again--these cupcakes are amazing). But I won't do it.

I really am serious this time. I hope it sticks.




1 comment: