Green

Monday, January 23, 2012

Momentum

Well, this weekend was rough. Randy and I had talked about doing a "splurge day" once a month. We decided since we both had to take Friday off anyways (and leave Finn with the sitter) while we met with doctors and bankers, that we would also go out for a lovely lunch. We thought we would celebrate my birthday.

Well, we didn't anticipate a giant snowstorm. However, we still wanted to go somewhere, so we ended up at El Salto. Our not-so-favorite, but good enough Mexican restaurant. We ordered guacamole, chips and I got quesadillas (didn't finish them all).

It was...anti-climactic. You know how you think about something for so long, and when it finally comes it's a huge disappointment. That's how it felt.

By the way, I had cake too. Like, a giant piece of cake.

I felt awful afterwards. I felt like it just wasn't worth it.

I'm really struggling with how to maintain a healthy diet, while making it "livable" too. It's hard.

Then, I went over to the lovely Betty's house to work on some of Finn's birthday stuff. We went to Sam's club. I got lots of stuff for Finn's party. I also got a giant bag of Pirate's Booty (if you haven't eaten this--stop what you are doing, go to the store and get some, it's awesome). I don't know why I did it, but I did.

I also opened that g.d. bag of Pirate's Booty and I scarfed some of it on the way home. It was stupid, and I threw out the rest of the bag as soon as I could, but still.

I just feel like I've lost a bit of momentum.

Now, let me clarify. Through this entire weekend, I only gained .1 pound. So, instead of being down 13.4 lbs, which is what i was down on Friday, I am down 13.3 pounds, but I just feel like it's harder, and I hate that.

Plus, it's my birthday week, and we are going out to dinner once, and to my parents once. So it's going to be hard anyways.

I don't know. I just want to succeed.

3 comments:

  1. I think that the whole- ok, I'm going to let myself have one bad day then just get over it tomorrow applies here, too. Just cuz you had a bad day doesn't mean you failed. It means you had one bad day. Also, Birthdays are exceptions. :) Keep your eye on your goal-- which is to be healthy! That includes a healthy (forgiving) attitude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely put, Leah. Couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah--you always put things in perspective :) Love you two!

    ReplyDelete