Green

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1 year ago.

One year ago...I was in labor. I was in the worst pain of my life, and I was wondering so many things...

Can I do this?
Is it worth it?
When will Finn be here?
What will he be like?
Will I be a good mother?
Will he love me?
Will I love him as much as I think I will?
Will Randy and I make a good team?
Can we do this?

It was one of the scariest times of my life. But it was so worth it.

Today Finn turned one. I am now the mother of a toddler. I cannot believe it. It is still so utterly surreal. There are STILL days when I look at him and think "I can't believe he is mine." But he is, and now he's not a baby anymore, he's a toddler, which is just ONE step before "child" and then "preteen" and then "teen" and then (GULP) "adult."

I don't want to be the type of mother that laments that her baby is growing up too fast, because I know that with each new day, comes new adventures and new great things. But...I also miss some things about baby-hood...and it's hard to believe that I have to let go of his "babyhood" so quickly.

He will always be MY baby, but he's such a big boy, and I'm so proud of him.

3 comments:

  1. Aww this is so sweet. Happy birthday to your darling boy!

    THANKS Becky for your comment and advice on my labor post! I'm still not sure what I'll do (maybe I won't even know till I'm there!) but it is so helpful to hear what other people have done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am torn. I am dreading Kate turning one. I feel like time went by way too fast and I just need her to stay like this a little longer, so I can savor it a just little more. People say time goes so fast, but never have I ever thought it would go this quickly. I feel like we just brought her home from the hospital. I love her baby-ness and I don't want it to end.
    However, I am really excited to move into the toddler phase... the phase when she will be absolutely insatiable for knowledge. I LOVE little kid's eagerness and wonder in everything and I really look forward to showing her the world a little more.

    Happy Birthday Finn! We wish we could be there this weekend to celebrate with you! Hopefully we'll be there for birthdays when you're a little older. I hope you have so much fun on your day! We love you and miss you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Finn! I miss the baby time too, but it's so much fun when you can have conversations and do big kid things together. In 3 and a half years I have never once said that I couldn't take this or I was frazzled. Every single day is awesome with her and I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete