Green

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bellies & more and more rude comments

Picture Update: 36 weeks (aka 9 months) pregnant.
I know it's huge and ridiculous. However, I promise that I am more concerned about his size/my size than you are.

Okay, so I am gigantic, seriously. I am huge. However, I am also 36 weeks pregnant. I don't know what is with people when you are hugely-pregnant, but they think they can say ANYTHING to you. I have had quite the array of comments including:
- Are you having twins?
- How many babies are in there?
- Are you sure there is only one?
- You're huge!
- Are you sure you're going to make it to February?
- That baby MUST be coming early?
- You have another entire month?
- And countless others.

The worst one that I have encountered as of late happened on Saturday at Panera bread. Randy went to fill up his coffee, and two women sitting at a table across the restaurant from me. I was spreading cream cheese on my bagel.
Woman #1: You're ready to pop aren't you?
Me: Yep, we're almost there.
Woman #1: How much longer do you have?
Me: (tentatively) We're due at the end of the month?
Woman #2: (incredulously and in a horrified tone) The END of the month?!?!?!
Me: Yep. Four weeks to go, but I'll be full term next week, so I guess anytime after that.
Woman #1: Wow.
Me: ::nervous laughter::
Woman #1: You're not having twins are you?
Me: Nope, just one in there.
Me (to myself in my head) Lady SHUT THE F&*^ UP! I know I am huge, I have to look at myself every day in the mirror...seriously SHUT UP about it. Leave me alone.

Goodness.

However, we are officially out of the 30s countdown, and we only have 29 days until his due date. Can't wait until he is here!

2 comments:

  1. Becky I love your belly! Finn just needs room and you're very graciously giving it to him.

    My gal, on the other hand, is laying sideways like an L in my body, so her head is in my ribs (it feels really good, let me tell you) on the left and her feet are kicking my right hip. I think I'm not showing as much since she's not facing the right way. My belly button is still holding onto being an "innie". I'm nervous she won't flip and I'll have to have a c-section, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL. thanks Lee! I just hope he's not gigantic!

    Surprisingly enough, my belly button hasn't officially popped either, it's weird. He has been in the right place for about a month, so I am hopeful that he stays there! I go to the doctor on Thursday, so I'm excited to see what she says. I have to have the group B strep test (which I am a little bit scared about).

    I've got my fingers crossed that your little one will flip for you, and that you are both feeling well!

    ReplyDelete