Green

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year brings new challenges and excitement

Yesterday it was 2010, today it is 2011. Sometimes things change that quickly, and you don't even realize it. I often feel that way about the seasons. It will be right in the middle of summer one day, and the next day I'll see yellow leaves on a tree and it always amazes me how quickly time tramples on whether we are ready for it or not.

New Years Eve has always been a pretty big deal to me. I really like to get dressed up, go out, dance, drink and have a great time with great friends. This year (obviously) drinking was out, and due to the fact that a whole bunch of my friends are also pregnant, and the rest of my friends are way cooler than I am...we didn't have a lot of options this year, which is okay, it just made me feel OLD. I can't imagine how old I'll feel NEXT year when I will have a little man running around with me, whom I can't imagine I'll want to be apart from on New Years Eve. It's just strange to me how much things can change in such a short time.

That being said, last night was really nice. Randy and I went over to his parents house and were able to talk to them, and Courtney and Eli (who we don't get to see as often as we'd like to), and just relax. It was nice. However, two other lovely side effects of pregnancy are (1) that I am quite emotional and (2) I can barely keep my eyes open after 10:00 because I am so tired. So, Randy and I made our way out of the Hoyle house around 11:30 because I was about to pass out from tiredness (as well as the fact that the absolute IDIOTS in our neighborhood have to light off 300,000 fireworks at midnight and scare the shit out of my dog, which I DO NOT appreciate!). So that is where #2 fits in, #1 is coming...

We got home, and Randy started to excitedly mess with some new TV stuff that we had gotten that day. It was 11:55 at that point. I started to become angry, and think to myself, why doesn't Randy ever want things to be special with us anymore (see how I took it from zero to Randy hates me in 2.4 seconds? I'm good like that), so I then started crying and sobbing in the bedroom while I watched the countdown alone. Randy came in to say "Happy New Year" and could not understand why I was so upset. Now, we talked about it, and everything was fine within 10 minutes, but the emotions are so out of control, I can't even deal with it. So, overall a good night, even though I freaked out a bit at the end.

2011 is going to be an amazing year, Randy and I cannot wait to welcome out little man here, I only have 3 weeks of work left until maternity leave kicks in, and there are so many other things to look forward to as well. I really hope that our family has an even better year than we had last year--Finn we can't wait to meet you, and hug you, and kiss you, and take 1 million pictures of you.

P.S. I know this blog post is actually quite scattered, and it's hard to follow my train of thought, but I am exceptionally tired, and...I pretty much don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment