Green

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blog #2: I can't remember anything that hurt worse

"Well, I can't remember anything that hurt worse" (I am paraphrasing here) is something that my best friend Jenn said after she gave birth to her son Jack.

We were an eager group of listeners--Jenn was the first in our group of friends to go through childbirth, and we were asking questions. The whole prospect of childbirth has, for a long time, really grossed me out. I mean, I think that's a natural reaction. It is pretty gross. Now, I have a newfound appreciation for it, and I feel much better when thinking about it. BUT, that does not mean that I am not still terrified about it. So, we asked, "How badly does it hurt?" and Jenn, good naturedly responded, "It was that bad" and then hesitated, "well, I can't remember anything that hurt worse." Jenn is not a complainer...at all. Sometimes, I think about her saying this and it really frightens me.

However, I think I am officially ready-when-he-is for our little Finn to come and greet the world. The reason is, wait, I mean the reasons ARE:
- this pain in my shoulder is honestly the most annoying pain the world, it hurts when I breathe out, and I hate it.
- inability to sleep (I know this will continue, but for much different reasons after he is here)
- inability to get comfortable
- inability to get up by myself sometimes
- constant worry about whether or not he is okay (I can't see him, so unless he is moving around like crazy, I am constantly worried that something could be wrong).
- about a million more reasons, but I am getting sad just writing about them...so, the end.

Can't wait until he is here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the title for this blog and you're right Jenn never complains about anything. She's pretty much is amazing.

    Sometimes I feel neurotic because I worry so much when she doesn't move around like mad. I'm glad you worry, too, as crazy as that sounds.
    Also, I've never admitted it out loud, but sometimes I wish she'd just come NOW so I could see that she's ok. But then, I'm sure, I will find something else to worry about even when I can see her, so I am sure this is just preparation for motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn is totally amazing. I hope she doesn't get a big head from us telling her that! :)

    I feel neurotic too, so I totally get where you're coming from. Whenever I don't feel him moving around, I am thinking about "what if, what if, what if?" and it drives me nuts. I'll be so happy when he is here so I can look at him and be able to (kind of) tell if he's okay.

    Sheesh..this is tough already, ya know?

    ReplyDelete