Green

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Best advice I've gotten all pregnancy

Sometimes, advice comes from strange places. I ask Jenn for a lot of advice, my dad too, and a few other select individuals.

When you're pregnant, strangers on the street give you more advice than you ever thought you wanted. Some of it is really stupid, and (it turns out) some of it is really helpful. Some of my best advice has come from Meijer. I was shopping with Chrisanne on Sunday, and we came across a woman that Chrisanne knew from school (parent) who was asking about both of our pregnancies.

Well, she was talking about labor (you know how great that is!), and then she said "Make sure that you take people up on help when they ask you. HOWEVER, let them help with anything except the baby. Taking care of the baby is your job--you take care of the baby, let people help with other things." I thought this was quite profound, people always want to come over and watch the baby, but you should be bonding with the baby.

CHANGE OF TOPIC:

Today is my birthday, I've never been a huge birthday fan, because it's usually a disappointment. So far, today has been really good (Now it's only 7:30, but still). Randy put flowers, candy and cards out before I woke up, which was awesome and super sweet. Finn and Ella even got me a card (they are so thoughtful!). I know that the birthday will only be "complete" if I go into labor, so I'm not really sure what else to expect for the day :) We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment